Tuesday 7 February 2012

New advisor

Well, after I had been an official Job Seeker for one year, it was decided I would be sent to a private company for a further year, to "help me find a job" That is now also over.  They did not do a deal of anything really, only they have so many people in there at one time it was difficult to even get a few minutes. Anyway, my year came to an end. I was then refered back to the job centre for a one to one with an advisor for 6 months, so they could help me.

I have had 3 appoinments with her and on my last visit (Friday) was told she is moving to a different position so will have a new advisor from now on.

The advisor gives me print outs of jobs to take home and apply for. On 3 occasions now the jobs have already met their deadlines. I have mentioned this a few times, as it seems on the print outs there is very little information, and no end date.

I was also told many of these are advertised through a third party as the employers do not want people contacting them directly. I can understand that but it is so blooming frustrating at times. It takes a lot of thought and time to fill in the application forms as you can not just send cv's. They want to know, what they want to know, and you have to fit yourself into the person spec and job spec.

The advisor did admit that there is alot of outdated stuff and told me about the employers wishing to remain anonymous. Yet we send our lifes out daily to who knows where???

I have just realised also that I have been writing this Blog for almost a year. I don't like to think about that though, as I really can not believe it. It has gone so slow, yet so quick at the same time.









No comments:

Post a Comment